A healthy smile can be a great asset; because this is so important, it makes sense to give your teeth the best care possible…..Tooth decay can be painful and lead to fillings, crowns or inlays. Research shows that Gum disease is common and if left untreated, may lead to bone loss around the teeth. In some cases, it may lead to loose teeth and teeth being lost. Gum disease is preventable. It can be treated and kept under control with regular cleaning sessions and check-ups at the Dentist.
- Brushing your teeth last thing at night and at least one other time during the day, with a fluoride toothpaste
- Spit out after brushing and do not rinse, so that the fluoride stays on your teeth longer
- Cleaning between the teeth with ‘inter-dental’ brushes or floss at least once a day
- Good eating habits – having sugary foods and drinks less often, and
- Regular dental check-ups.
Your Dentist can remove any build-up on your teeth and treat any gum disease that has already appeared. But daily dental care is up to you, and the main weapons are the toothbrush, toothpaste and inter-dental cleaning (cleaning between your teeth).
Good dental health begins with you and how you care for your teeth on a regular basis.
Check out the following posts…